Session one was run by student president Christina Cover…
- A big theme for this session is “campus connectivity.”
- Discussion of print handbooks. Lots of frank comments from students in attendance from them.
- Are handbooks written at too high a level? Who is the audience for them?
- If an interactive handbook was made, a glossary would be useful.
- Example: Students still use the phrase “guidance counselor” in college
- A digital handbook needs to be heavily hyperlinked.
- A call for digital handbooks to come originally from a group of students and then go “up the ladder.”
- Digital handbooks could be “focus grouped” through different student communities.
- Could there be a video instead of a student handbook or even a series of podcasts?