Our first session at THATCampCC 2017 was about Accessibility & Design Issues In Distance Learning Courses. The session was moderated by Walter Huttner in combination with some ideas I also proposed for a session.
- Simplicity is important…keep things on one page…
- Need to have specific directions…click here first…
- Could create video tutorials
- Perhaps a Blackboard shell to discuss various CMS issues for faculty?
- Colleges need to have a list for students of what they need to ACCESS (skills wise) a distance learning course
- Which is also an ADA/504 accessibility issue…for example, making sure you have a script for videos
- Weekly versus modular scheduling
- Discussion of making sure distance students get the same “first five minutes” info