I will have a larger overview post up later when I have more time, but here are my notes from the first session at our first ThatCamp here at BCC:
- How does texting in classroom change pedagogy?
- How much of technological consumption is passive versus active? How does that change how students engage?
- Should there be questions about the infallibility of the databases we expect our students to use?
- Students need to know how to make a basic MLA paper template.
- They also need to know how to backup their work. Where is that taught?
- Should the MLA template be submitted and assessed? (This is a great idea)
- What about accessibility issues?
- Students need to know what a URL is!
- There needs to be a logic to file naming for both professor and student.